Tuesday, August 28, 2018

School-Age: Mermaids

As I mentioned in my update post, I will be posting all of the fall weeks prior to the session beginning.

Our first week of the fall session we will be learning about mermaids! When we did the program about dragons last spring it was super successful and fun, so now it is time to learn about a different mystical creature!

1. Reading
For the topic of mermaids we are reading "There Was an Old Mermaid Who Swallowed a Shark!" by Lucille Colandro.



2. Brain Break: Rock Paper Scissors!


3. Discussion
We will be talking about mermaid lore: mermaid sightings, famous mermaid stories, and more!


4. Craft
Similar to the craft I used for the week about dragon lore, the same blog I found inspiration for the craft (Adventure in a Box) made eggs for a variety of other creatures including mermaids

Here's my example:

No comments:

Post a Comment