Thursday, May 16, 2019

Flowers

While I am away on vacation next week, our theme will be flowers! We have not done a storytime yet about flowers so I will share my plans!


Books:
The Tiny Seed - Eric Carle
What Does Bunny See? - Linda Sue Park
Counting in the Garden - Kim Parker
Bloom Boom - April Pulley Sayre
This is the Sunflower - Lola M. Schaefer


Repeat Activities:
1. Five Pretty Flowers (from previous Garden storytime)

New Activities:
1. Using a new flannel of Planting a Rainbow, we are singing the Gardener Plants the Seeds from a previous Garden storytime.
2. Flower Pot Matching Game
One of my previous Library Assistant's made this a couple years ago. At the time I did not use it but it could work at a preschool storytime. I am not sure where she found the idea but she planted "seeds" in each of the pots with their help. Then, they matched the correct flower to its pot. They also counted and worked on colors so, all-in-all, it is a fun game that works on several different skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment