Thursday, May 2, 2019

Flannel Project: Five Green and Speckled Frogs AND Rocketship Run

I had the fortune of spending a week in April at the same library as Mr. Keith of Felt-tastic Flannelboard Funtime fame. We worked on a couple storyboard projects together. I cannot claim ANY of the credit for the ideas - they were all Mr. Keith. 

Mr. Keith makes storyboards, wrapping flannel backing around a poster board. Then he decorates them with felt to match the flannel story you are using. 

Since the Summer Reading Theme is all about the universe, we both were planning on using Laurie Berkner Band's "Rocketship Run" song. I had a laminated flannel I have used in the past for the song but, together, we made a storyboard complete with a sun, moon, stars, Earth, and a rocketship.


His second project of the week was to make Five Green and Speckled Frogs complete with their own bog. I helped make the frogs, the log, and some of the background bushes/cat tails. He used his artistic eye to make the finishing touches and put the whole thing together.


At the end of the week, returning to my home library, I felt like I had returned from summer camp with my crafts in-hand! 

Thanks, Mr. Keith! You are a flannel wizard!

No comments:

Post a Comment