Thursday, May 16, 2019

Travel

Similar to vacations or transportation, but this week we talked about travel. I felt it was appropriate since I am about to go on vacation AND summer is when a lot of the kiddos will be going on trips!


Books:
My Car - Byron Barton
The Airport Book - Lisa Brown
Calling All Cars - Sue Fliess
I Love Vacations - Anna Walker
Penguin on Vacation - Salina Yoon


Repeat Activities:
1. Traffic Light
2. Pilot Behind the Airplane (from previous Vacation storytime)



New Activities:
1. Five Little Seashells*
Five little seashells, lying in the sun.
Along came ____, and took this one home.

*I used a line from a previous seashell flannel but simplified it. I'm not great at memorizing lots of lines of flannels so the more repetition and the simpler they are the better! I used puppets and had them pick up a seashell off of the flannel board.

No comments:

Post a Comment