Saturday, June 6, 2020

Flannel Project: More Baby Storytime Songs!

I made a few more flannels specifically for baby storytimes!


Baa, Baa, Black Sheep
I think nursery rhymes and songs are a great tool to use, especially at baby storytimes. So, one of my favorites is Baa, Baa, Black Sheep. It teaches animal sounds and language, and it is a favorite sing-along for my toddler son.


Babies! 
I made a flannel of baby hands/feet as well as a flannel of a sleeping baby. Since I use a lot of songs/rhymes that encourage naming baby's body parts as well as interaction between parent-infant, these will be used all the time! One of my favorite songs is Wake Up Feet. I also love Well Hello Everybody, Can You Touch Your Nose? Both of these are great options for welcome songs or just regular movement songs at baby storytimes. Another song that I enjoy using for naming body parts, and also as a useful song for parents to use for diaper and clothing changes, is Lift One Foot and Then the Other. Obviously, Jbrary is a HUGELY helpful resource for tunes and lyrics, as well as demonstrating how to use them at storytime presentations.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment