Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Flannel Project: Button Shirt

I am planning on doing a storytime about buttons whenever we get back to programming post-pandemic. I made a flannel shirt with buttons to use at the storytime.


Button Shirt:
The rhyme I found about buttons for the shirt was created by Briony from Librionyian

Five little buttons on my shirt,
One popped off and rolled away.
count down...4, 3, 2, 1
No more buttons on my shirt!
Source: Librionyian


I blew up a picture of a shirt using a powerpoint presentation. I was able to fit different parts of the picture into slides to make an even bigger template than an 8.5x11 sheet of printer paper. For the buttons, I used round circles of heavy-duty flannel. 


Then I put circle Velcro hooks glued down on the flannel circles. 


Then I attached hook Velcro on the back of buttons to attach them to the flannel shirt.

It turned out pretty great and I can't wait to use it at storytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment