Friday, November 8, 2019

Pets

This week our topic was pets!


Books:
Children Make Terrible Pets - Peter Brown
Fetch - Jorey Hurley
Hickory Dickory Dog - Alison Murray
Dino - Diego Vaisberg

Repeat Activities:
1. BINGO (from previous Pets storytime)
2. Little Mouse (from previous Letter "M" storytime)*
*and I hid different animals, as well as little mouse, behind the houses

New Activities:
1. "Dear Zoo" by Rod Campbell
This was a flannel of the well-known book by Rod Campbell. Instead of lift-the-flap pages, we had each animal hiding behind their flannel boxes and I lifted them to share what animal the zoo sent me.
2. "Bark, George" by Jules Feiffer
We have this as a flannel but I chose three animals that George "ate" and did it as a puppet show. We have a enormous dog puppet and then I used a mailbox, that we usually use to introduce the letter of the day, to hide the eaten animals inside of. I put the mailbox under the flannel board with the opening facing up. That way I could hide my hand behind the flannel board as I reached "inside" of George to pull out the offending noisy animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment