Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Ninjas

I wanted to do a fun theme, that was a little different, this week. In keeping with the summer reading theme, it still had lots of movement and was tons of fun. The kids loved it!





Books:

Toddler Books:
Nighttime Ninja - Barbara DaCosta
Ninja Bunny - Jennifer Gray Olson

Preschool Books:
Nighttime Ninja - Barbara DaCosta
Ninja Bunny - Jennifer Gray Olson
Ninja Red Riding Hood - Corey Rosen Schwartz 
Ninja Baby - David Zeltser

Rhymes/Fingerplays/Songs:

Five Little Ninjas:
Five little ninjas, in their dojo,
Practicing the ninja way.
'Til one little ninja gets his mojo:
"HIYAH! Read to save the day!"
Source: Literary Hoots


Ninja Banana:

I had planned on doing an activity song ("If You're a Ninja Song and You Know It", also found on Literary Hoots) but I had so much fun the other week, that I did the Banana song again...this time he was dressed as a ninja. For the Banana Song, see my Fruits and Vegetables theme from two weeks ago OR go to Jbrary where I learned it first.


Ninja Turtle Hiding Game:


Ninja Turtle, Ninja Turtle, come out to play.
What colored turtle shell are you hiding behind today?
Source: I found the inspiration for the game at Anne's Library Life but we made our own version that was similar to the Little Mouse game since it's always a hit at our library.

No comments:

Post a Comment