Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Ocean

It has, so far, been one of the hottest weeks of the year. Who doesn't want to spend the day cool by the ocean when it heats up?


Books:
Row, Row, Row Your Boat - Jane Cabrera
The Pout-Pout Fish - Deborah Diesen
This is Not My Hat - Jon Klassen
I'm the Biggest Thing in the Ocean - Kevin Sherry


Repeat Activities:
1. Whale Behind the Pail (from previous Water storytime)*
*This time I hid several other ocean themed flannels behind the pails. Sometimes the kids find what I am hiding so fast or they can see a piece of it peeking out. They thought it was hilarious to find a fish or a seashell instead of the whale they thought they were going to see.


New Activities:
1. Slippery Fish with sign language (see Jbrary's video of it for the song + signs)*
*I shortened the song and only sang the fish, octopus, and shark verses but we sang it twice through.

No comments:

Post a Comment