Friday, February 8, 2019

Construction

Last week we revisited one of my favorite storytime themes - Construction!



Books:
Mighty Dads - Joan Holub
The Construction Crew - Lynn Meltzer
Busy Builders, Busy Week! - Jean Reidy
The Mixed-Up Truck - Stephen Savage


Repeat Activities (from 2015 Construction and 2016 Construction storytimes:
1. Construction (vehicles) song
2. Bumping Up and Down - Raffi (recorded song)
3. Duck Behind the Truck (from previous Truck storytime)


New Activity:
1. Tip Tip Dig Dig
Flannel story based off of book by Emma Garcia.

I cannot take credit for the flannel - it was made by one of my lovely library assistants. But it is awesome! I used the exact script from the book. We are running out of in-print copies at our library system currently and are waiting for an order of replenishment copies soooo I used this video to make the script. 


No comments:

Post a Comment