Friday, February 8, 2019

Bathtime

This week we learned all about bathtime!


Books:
Ten Pigs: An Epic Bath Adventure - Derek Anderson
Get Out of My Bath - Britta Teckentrup
Harry the Dirty Dog - Gene Zion


Repeat Activities (from previous Bathtime storytime):
1. 5 Elephants in the Bathtub


New Activities:
1. This is the Way We Wash Our Hands (Tune: Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush")
This is the way we wash our hands,
Wash our hands, wash our hands.
This is the way we wash our hands,
So early in the morning!
Repeat with: wash our face, brush our teeth, brush our hair, etc.
Source: Jbrary


2. Dog's Colorful Day
Flannel story based on book by Emma Dodd.


I shortened my version to only have 6 different 'spots' to add to Spot the dog over the day. I added actions for them so that the kids would be able to recall them better.


I made up my own script based on the book so I could simplify the story for presenting it. 

1. I had Spot get splashed with red jam and 2. orange juice during my breakfast (the kids 'ate' a biscuit and made motion like they were drinking)
3. Then Spot went outside and ran into a bumblebee (buzzzz went the kids) and left a spot of yellow pollen. 
4. He rolled in the grass (the kids rolled their hands) which left a spot of green grass on him.
5. Spot came back inside where we were painting (the kids made up and down motion with one arm like they were painting with a brush) and got a spot of blue paint on him.
6. Lastly, we were all coloring (the kids made a motion like they were using markers) and, oops, we left a purple spot of him.

After Spot was covered in colorful dots, we gave him a bath! I had the kids pretend they were washing him off as we went through what each of the colors came from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment