Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Garden

This week our theme is gardening! Clearly it's a favorite theme of mine but I can't help it when the weather is starting to warm up!


Books:

Toddler Books:
Up, Down, and Around - Katherine Ayres
What Does Bunny See?: A Book of Colors and Flowers - Linda Sue Park

Preschool Books:
Up, Down, and Around - Katherine Ayres
Up in the Garden and Down in the Dirt - Kate Messner 
What Does Bunny See? - Linda Sue Park
Creepy Carrots! - Aaron Reynolds

Rhymes/Fingerplays/Songs:

Out in the Garden:
Out in the garden, growing in the sun,
Were 5 pretty flowers, and I picked one!
Count down 4, 3, 2, 1...
Source: Mel's Desk

Mr. Rabbit:
Oh, Mr. Rabbit, you've got a mighty habit, 
Of running through my garden and eating all my _____.
Source: My flannel drawer

There's Something in My Garden:
There's something in my garden, now what can it be?
There's something in my garden that I can't really see.
Hear it's funny sound...RIBBIT, RIBBIT, RIBBIT,
A frog is what I found! RIBBIT, RIBBIT, RIBBIT.
Repeat with...
SQUEAK (mouse)
THUMP (rabbit)
BUZZ (bee)
Source: Sur La Lune
I used puppets and pulled them out of a puppet box, so I used the animals and other garden creatures I already had on-hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment