Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Ocean

The week of May 26 to May 30, was all about the Ocean! Since most of the kids probably spent their Memorial Day weekend at the beach, or would be going to the beach sometime this summer, I felt it was appropriate.

This particular week I was suffering from a terrible cold, so I substituted some of my material for ocean/beach themed songs. So forgive some lack of originality on my part...


Books:

Toddler Books:
Fish Wish - Bob Barner
Hooray For Fish - Lucy Cousins
I Spy Under the Sea - Edward Gibbs

Preschool Books:
The Pout-Pout Fish in the Big-Big Dark - Deborah Diesen
I Spy Under the Sea - Edward Gibbs
I'm the Biggest Thing in the Ocean - Kevin Sherry

Rhymes/Fingerplays/Songs:

Five Little Fishies (Tune: "Five Little Monkeys Swinging in a Tree"):
Five little fishies, swimming in the sea.
Teasing Mr. Shark, "You can't catch me!"
Along comes Mr. Shark, as quiet as can be...
"CHOMP!" 

count down, 4, 3, 2, 1...

One little fishy, swimming in the sea.
Teasing Mr. Shark, "You can't catch me!"
Along comes Mr. Shark, as quiet as can be...
"CHOMP!"
No more fishies, swimming in the sea.
*I used a puppet shark for this rhyme and five flannel fishes. The kids LOVED it and thought it was hilarious when the shark bit the fishies.

Song: "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" by Rob Newhouse (Songs for Wiggleworms)



No comments:

Post a Comment