Saturday, June 13, 2015

Firefighters

Last week was our first "official" week of the Summer Reading Program, Every Hero Has a Story, for Summer 2015! Our first theme of SRP 2015 was Firefighters!




Books:

Toddler Books:
Flashing Fire Engines - Tony Mitton
Lucky Ducklings - Eva Moore
Fire Engines - Jim Pipe

Preschool Books:
Dot the Fire Dog - Lisa Desimini
Lucky Ducklings - Eva Moore
Fire Engines - Jim Pipe

Rhymes/Fingerplays/Songs:

Brave Firefighters:
One brave firefighter, putting out the fire.
"Swoosh" goes the water...but the flames grow higher.
The firefighter calls for a friend with a shout,
"Help me put this fire out!"

count up to four

Four brave firefighters, putting out the fire.
"Swoosh, swoosh, swoosh, swoosh" goes the water...
And the flames STOP growing higher!
The firefighters clap their hands and shout, 
"Hooray, we put the fire out!"


"I'm a Firefighter" (Tune: "Mulberry Bush"):
This is the way I pull on my boots, 
Pull on my boots, pull on my boots;
This is the way I pull on my boots,
I'm a firefighter.

Other verses:
Drive the truck
Climb the ladder
Source: Preschool Education


Fire Dog Hiding Game:
Fire dog, fire dog, come out to play!
What color fire truck are you hiding behind today?
*My awesome Library Assistant made 6 different colored firetrucks and a fire dog. We laminated them and used Velcro to attach them to the story board when we played this game.


Who Uses This? Police or Firefighter? Game:
*The same LA helped me make a laminated flannel similar to the one found at Storytime with Miss Tara. We used it at Preschool Storytime and my preschoolers LOVED playing this game.




No comments:

Post a Comment