Thursday, December 4, 2014

And I'm back!

As a new (official) librarian, it has taken me a few months to get settled and into the groove of how things work around here. But now that I feel as though I've finally gotten the hang of it, as well as appreciating a much needed intermission between storytime sessions, I am ready to play catch-up!

I will be adding the storytime themes from my Fall 2014 session over the next few weeks. I am updating my song list as I have had time to look through the songs available in the vast music collection here at my library (most of which do not translate well to storytime). I also had the opportunity to go to a librarian retreat/workshop offered through my state's Library Association. It was a wonderful experience and I was able to take what I learned and bring it back to my library (I also learned of more songs to use in storytime that toddlers and preschoolers respond well to!).

Lastly, I purchased a ukulele last month to use in storytime. As it has been years and years since I have not only played any instrument, but also since I took a few measly guitar lessons, it has been interesting trying to teach myself some simple chords to play at storytime. I'm excited for the next storytime session to start back up in January to bust out the ukulele and play for my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment