Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Preschool Story Time Plan - Summer 2015

Not much has changed in my preschool story time for the summer session, except for a few songs and rhymes here or there. For a more detailed guide for why I made the choices I have for preschool story times, you can look at my Winter 2015 guide.

Themed elements, that change on a weekly basis, will be in BLUE.


Preschool Story Time:

1. Opening song + Bubbles: Jump and Fly by Laurie Berkner Band (Rocketship Run)

2. Calm Down Rhyme: Everybody Count

Everybody count to one, ONE, 
Story time has just begun.

Everybody count to two, ONE, TWO, 
Shake your shoulders, show your shoes.

Everybody count to three, ONE, TWO, THREE, 
Listen very carefully.

Everybody count to four, ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR,
And put your bottoms on the floor.

Source: Jbrary

3. Welcome and Guidelines

4. Themed: Letter of the Day

I have been using letter puzzles for preschool story time, similar to those used by Storytime Katie.

5. Calm Down

Point to the ceiling, point to the floor.
Point to the window, point to the door.
Point to your elbow, point to your knee.
Now sit down and point to me.

6. Themed: Book 1

7. Themed: Activity/Flannel

8. Movement Song: Can't Sit Still by Greg & Steve (Kids in Action)

9. Transition:

TAP, TAP, TAP your toes.
CLAP, CLAP, CLAP your hands.
Let's all twirl around,
And sit back down.
Source: This is my version of one I had done from Preschool Express last session.

10. Themed: Book 2

11. Themed: Flannel or Activity

12. Themed: Song, Activity, or Rhyme

13. Calm Down:

Stretch up to the ceiling,
Stretch to the door.
Stretch to the window,
And sit back on the floor.

14. Themed: Book 3 OR Puppet Show

15. Familiar Song: Rock-a-Bye Your Bear by The Wiggles

16. Book Display!  

Last session I had a fun rhyme to go along with pulling a satiny sheet off of the books that were on a cart. I have had difficulty with the kids being patient long enough for us to say the rhyme together (sometimes they start pulling the sheet off before I was ready). So lately I've just been having the kids count to three with me and we pull it off together.


No comments:

Post a Comment